Join us for a job fair at the International Institute of Minnesota on June 9th from 10am to 1pm! This will be a great opportunity to network, connect with employers, and learn about job opportunities in the area. There will also be experts on-site to assist with resumes and applications.
In addition to Pro Staff, a number of employers will be in attendance, including Metro Transit/Met Council, Science Museum, Mall of America, Jerry’s Foods, Benihana, HMS Host, Hy-Vee, Blue Plate Restaurant Co.,Pitney Bowes, Northeast Residences Inc, Naf Naf Grill, Menards (Midway Location), and more!
Between now and the event, there are a number of ways to prepare. Follow these tips to get the most of out of this job fair:
BEFORE the job fair:
• Practice your “elevator pitch” (a 15-30 second spiel about who you are and what you do)
• Research the employers who will be there
• Make arrangements to arrive early
• Print several copies of your resume
• Dress to impress in interview-ready attire
DURING the job fair:
• Connect with as many people as possible
• Collect business cards
• Make notes about people you meet
• Be enthusiastic and eager!
AFTER the job fair:
• Follow-up with recruiters soon after the event
Questions? Contact us or the event organizer, Neil Urbanski, at 651-647-0191 x 350 or NUrbanski@iimn.org.