Supporting a Major Automotive Manufacturer with 300+ Temporary Workers
THE CHALLENGE: A new automotive tier 1 supplier needed to double their temporary workforce within a four-month period to support a major automotive manufacturer. They required experienced production operators and material handlers, yet were faced with a challenging area to source this type of talent.
THE ACTION PLAN: Pro Staff created a custom hiring solution to meet their hiring needs:
- Add a designated recruiter and administrative support to assist with the high volume of interviews and employee onboarding
- Implement a permanent on-site manager to act as an employee advocate
- Partner with a national recruiting team to source qualified talent
- Create specialized advertising with local newspapers and radio ads
- Refresh weekly advertising to include road signs and local and internet job boards
- Write an industry-specific interview questionnaire
- Implement new referral bonus program for temporary and internal employees
- Meet weekly with management to review current staffing levels
THE RESULT: Within four months, Pro Staff successfully staffed 309 positions. The CEO of the company was impressed by the speed to completion and the high quality of talent.