Becoming an Extension of the HR Department to Open a New Location
THE CHALLENGE. A biotechnology company was opening their U.S. location and needed to staff the facility from the ground up. Pro Staff teamed up with management while the plant was still under renovation. With no HR department on site, Pro Staff needed to become a true extension of the company and provide staff while the departments and qualifications were still being created.
THE ACTION PLAN. Pro Staff created a custom solution to meet the client’s hiring needs:
- Gather a pool of candidates for each department
- Coach supervisors on how to interview candidates
- Assist with first day orientations
- Partner in discussions about rotating shifts verses standard shifts
- Provide a time clock system to accurately capture contract employee hours
THE RESULT. Pro Staff fully staffed the warehouse, production, and quality departments. Pro Staff also filled several management positions. By taking care of all the HR/staffing needs from start to finish, the client was able to focus on opening the new location.